Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Josh is Gonna' Try This Again. For Serious This Time

Once or twice a year, I'll dust off the ol' Daily (Not a euphemism), and re-read some old entries, see if any of the jokes I stole in the past are applicable to whatever is going in my current life, enabling me to re-steal theses jokes, and tell them to hopefully not the person I originally stole the joke from.

And once or twice a year, I'll think to myself "I should really start this blogging thing up again!" because I'm a narcissistic ass that truly believes there's someone out there that isn't my Facebook friend or Twitter Follower, and is DYING to know what I thought about that weeks episode of Glee. I'm also worried about them, because when I stopped blogging, they were convinced I literally just evaporated into the ether, and now live in constant fear they might be next.

Anyhow, I'm starting this up again. For Ned. I just named that guy Ned.

Here's some stuff that I'm up to:

- Currently, I'm in mid-run of Urban Samurai's production of Bright Ideas. I play a guy named Joshua. My real name is Josh. So it's totally different. After that, I'm stepping back into the unstoppable juggernaut that is The Saved By the Bell Show with TV's real Mr. Dewey, proving once again, there's no need to create new material, because people love reruns, even in theatrical form.

- Fresh off my understudy gig in We Gotta' Bingo, I've got several understudy gigs coming up in the month of June with Nimbus Theater and Actor's Theater. Clearly, word is spreading of my incredible talent, or incredible amount of free-time enabling to jump in at a moment's notice. It's a tough-call.

- My bar-tending job at Bunker Hills Golf Course, aka My "Temporary Job" as I get back on my feet, recently turned two years old. Kids grow up so fast. This recent exchange with a former educator of mine summarizes the situation quite nicely:

FORMER TEACHER: So, how's the acting career going?
ME: Well, I'm your bartender, so exactly as planned. Fries, chips, or tots with that?

- I made a blood pact with Katie Moen, she of the Lake Chisago Moens, that if she entered the Funniest Person in the Twin Cities competition, I would follow her into battle. Therefore, Josh Carson will be attempting stand-up for the very first time on June 23rd at Acme Comedy Club. Come check it out as I wonder what aloud what is the deal with many everyday things.

So, Ned, that just about gets you caught up. Oh, and this other time I got drunk and fell down, bruised myself, but told everyone a bird flew into me. They bought it. Does that say more about me or them?

The blog is back! Will there be another? WHO KNOWS?!??!?!?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are really cute.